Updated on 01/10/15, this page is under construction.
Western movies and media send a message that the only way to help in Africa is to go there and do something. The fact is that there is plenty you can do right at home -- and have a significantly positive impact in Congo -- without even leaving your chair!
You can become an educator. Learn as much as you can about DR Congo. Share Succeeding Together's videos on your blogs or on social media. Talk to your friends about people in Congo. Raising awareness makes all the difference.
Soon, this section will contain information to help you:
- Have a party and serve Congolese-influenced foods.
- Listen to Congolese music. Learn how they influenced music world-wide.
- Learn about Congolese art and how it influenced Cubism and other genres.
- Appreciate Congolese style and contemporary culture.
- Write an essay or paper about people in Eastern Congo.
But please, share their inspiring stories. Most of what we hear about DR Congo is about war and rape. Our news media says time again that Eastern Congo is one of the worst places in the world to be a woman, but that is not the only story...
(Link to stories coming soon!)